26.1.09

This Actually Happened to Me At My Bodega Tonight

I was fretting all day over what to do for the cartoon. I had two pretty solid concepts, which I think you'll see in coming weeks. But then I was ordering tacos (dinner) at the St. James' Deli and I had, more or less, the conversation depicted in this cartoon. It could have gone on longer but I wanted to produce 1 quality page, which took a little under 2.5 hours... 2 pages would have killed me (I'm sick).

I hope you enjoy. Again, this is based on a REAL CONVERSATION. There is no surrealism in this comic; this really happened. And for the record, I was wearing my heavy winter coat, which is an old U.S. Army issued overcoat I picked up at a flea market in the 8th grade.

I think this comic is a little rushed... I was definitely rushing. Still, I hope you'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment